For Parents and Teachers
Children love music! Kid Pan Alley teaches children how to become creators of their own music by providing engaging them in a step by step process that results in an original class song. “Children make the best songwriters!” according to Paul Reisler, Kid Pan Alley Founder and Artistic Director.
Kid Pan Alley provides students with a creative writing experience that is skill based, while encouraging students to explore and find their voice. The songwriting sessions are designed to encourage collaborative learning, sharing of ideas without compromising individual thinking.
As a parent and educator, there is a tremendous amount of information one can learn when we observe our children as they work with a visiting artist. We can watch how they work together, share information, resource prior learning and strategize to have their voice heard.
Everyone loves music! It is that joy that allows music to be a positive vehicle for learning!
- What Parents & Teachers Say
- The Case for Songwriting in the Curriculum
- Songwriting Resources
- Songwriting and the National Standards for Arts Education
- Lesson Plan – Writing the Lyrics
- Lesson Plan – Composing the Melody
- Lesson Plans for “Stand Up and Be Heard, One Little Song Can Change the World” assembly program